All clients will be given an After Care Kit at the end of their sessions. Kits will include detailed instructions, shower visors, moisturizers/ointments, and any other items that that will help to properly care for the treated area(s).
General Rules of After Care:
Please follow Aftercare Instructions thoroughly as this will help to yield the best possible results. Failure to follow proper aftercare will lead to poor retention and cause risks of scarring and/or infection.
- Do not scratch, pick, or pull any of the scabs. Please allow the scabs to exfoliate naturally.
- Do not partake in activities that will cause you to sweat during the healing process. Sweat will break down color pigments which will lead to poor retention, loss of color, and increase risk of an infection.
- Avoid exposing your eyebrows to water, direct shower streams, saunas, steam, pools, salt water, and tubs.
- Do not expose healing skin to the sun, tanning beds, pets, dust/dirt, smoke, or chemicals of any kind (ie: make up, toners, moisturizers, serums, etc).
- No Botox, Peels, Microdermabrasions, or Chemical Treatments for a minimum of 5 weeks.
What to Expect During the Healing Process:
During the Healing & Peeling process (lasting generally 7-14 days), your eyebrows will go through many phases as it sheds and develops your pigment.
- Day 1 - 3 : After your procedure, your eyebrows will begin to oxidize, appearing darker, bolder, and possibly thicker. Minor swelling may occur but should disappear after the first 48 hours.
- Day 3 - 5 : Your eyebrows may feel a little "tighter" or "harder" as your body is naturally absorbing and healing your brows by creating scabs. The tattoo may appear somewhat raised.
** (non-powdered) oil blotting sheets may be used to gently absorb oil from your brows, if you have oily skin.
- Day 5 - 7 : Brows will begin to exfoliate and should shed evenly if left alone. The color underneath the exfoliating skin may appear very light but will resurface with more color as the weeks go by. Please be patient and give the color a few weeks to develop.
- Day 8 - 14 : The exfoliation process should be nearing an end. Continue to allow the eyebrows to naturally exfoliate and avoid pulling, picking, or scratching the scabs.
* If you feel you are having a reaction or infection, reach out to your physician and inform your artist.
* Please remember to book your Required Touch Up within 5-13 weeks of your initial session. Eyebrow Tattoos require 2 sessions to complete (Initial & Required Touch Up).