General Rules of After Care:
Please follow Aftercare Instructions thoroughly as this will help to yield the best possible results. Failure to follow proper aftercare will lead to poor retention and cause risks of scarring and/or infection.
- Do not scratch, pick, or pull any of the scabs. Please allow the lips to exfoliate naturally
- Never let your lips dry out, always keep them moisturized
- Do not work out or sweat during the healing process, as this can affect your retention, cause infection, and create poor results.
- Avoid exposing your lips to greasy, spicy, citrus, or hot foods. Cut food into small bites.
- Drink plenty of water. Consume all drinks with a straw for the next 5-7 days
- Avoid touching, kissing, licking lips and smoking for at least 7 days.
- Do not expose healing skin to the sun, tanning beds, pets, dust/dirt, smoke, or chemicals of any kind (ie: make up, toners, moisturizers, serums, etc) while healing
- No Botox, Fillers, Peels, Microdermabrasions, or Chemical Treatments for 1 month after the Required Touch Up.
- An Aftercare Kit will be provided to clients along with detailed instructions. Please follow the instructions carefully and use the ointments provided.
- Lip Neutralization clients (clients who have undergone Lip Blush services that targets cool/dark toned lips) may need additional session to help achieve desired results,
- Lip Neutralization clients may experience temporary hypo/hyper pigmentation during the healing process and can take up to 6-8 weeks for the color to finally develop in the layers of skin. Please be patient during the healing process.
What to Expect During the Healing Process:
During the Healing & Peeling process (lasting generally 5-7 days), your lips will go through many phases as it sheds and develops your pigment.
- Day 1: Lips may be temporarily swollen, bruised and/or tender for the first 48 hours. It is important to keep the lips moisturized and to stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water as dehydration can lead to chapped/dry lips which will lead to poor retention. Please use the items provided to you in the kit to keep lips clean, moisturized and protected at all times. Allow lips to naturally exfoliate on their own for the following in the upcoming week.
- Day 2-3: Lips may appear bolder, darker, or too vibrant at this time. Please avoid any friction against your lips as the peeling phase will soon begin, do not pick or peel off scabs. Continue keeping moisturizing everyday.
- Day 3-5: Peeling and shedding should begin. Lips may feel tight during this process. Underlying color can look tinted.
- Day 5-7: Peeling should be completed. When completed, begin using a chapstick (or any nonscented moisturizer/lip balm of your choice) with SPF. At this stage lips can appear "too light", but please keep in mind that even though the exfoliation process is complete, your lips are still developing its color underneath and will continue to blossom for the next 5 weeks. Client may also use lipsticks once all scabs have shedded.
- Weeks 2-3: Your Lip Blush is still developing. Color may appear too light or slightly patchy. Still continue to keep lips moisturized.
- Weeks 4-6: At this stage your lips should be showing its true colors. (Keep in mind that clients who have undergone Lip Neutralization may need additional weeks for their color to completely develop; generally 6-8 weeks.)
* If you feel you are having a reaction or infection, reach out to your physician and inform your artist.
* Please remember to book your Required Touch Up within 6-12 weeks of your Initial Session. Lip Blush tattoos require an average of 2 sessions to complete (Initial & Required Touch Up).